- kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 c. Fresh basil
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain. Return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, blend avocado, basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan and season with salt until creamy. (For a looser texture, add another splash of olive oil.)
- Add pesto to pasta along with 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and toss well to combine. Add tomatoes and toss. Serve with Parm.