- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (about 7 oz) zucchini, stemmed, sliced in half through the length then diced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 small (about 7 oz) yellow squash, stemmed, sliced in half through the length then diced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 medium broccoli crown (about 10 oz) cut into small florets
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces*
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
- Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion to a sheet pan, top with chicken then pour balsamic mixture over chicken and veggies. Toss to evenly coat then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping. Roast in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add tomatoes (or if you don’t want them cooked and softened just wait until the end to add them in fresh) and toss everything with a spatula. Spread into an even layer again. Return to oven and roast about 6 – 10 minutes longer until the thicker looking pieces of chicken register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Sprinkle with parsley, season with more salt to taste as desired and serve immediately.
- *Work to cut the chicken pieces all close to the same size so they cook evenly and some don’t cook and dry before the others are done.