- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (3 cups)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into pieces (about 1 1/4-inches, keep them close to the same size so they all cook even)
- 3 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp of each dried thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, pour 1 Tbsp over top and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes (meanwhile chop and prep remaining ingredients).
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add chicken pieces, broccoli florets, and red onion around sweet potatoes (just placing everything randomly). Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle everything with remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil (focusing mostly on the broccoli so it doesn’t dry) and toss with a spatula to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary and nutmeg and about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings. Return to oven and roast about 16 – 20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until chicken registers 165 degrees in center. Toss in pecans and cranberries. Serve immediately (preferably with a glass full of apple cider, it’s the perfect pairing and completes this fall meal).