- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 250 g butter room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg
- 3/4 cup custard powder
- 1 cup milk
- STEP 1 Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C.
- STEP 2 Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer until just combined.
- STEP 3 Pour into lined 23 cm deep square tin. Cook 1 hour.
- STEP 4 Check cake with skewer. Sometimes it takes another 5 to 10 minutes to cook in the middle.
I got this recipe while waiting for my children to finish school. I saw a mother give her child a piece and it looked delicious so I asked her for the recipe.