- 1 (15.5 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and 1/4 cup liquid from can reserved*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups thick plain Greek yogurt, such as Fage
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes or Roma tomatoes (drain off excess liquid after cutting)
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives or kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- Add drained garbanzo beans to a food processor along with tahini, lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt. Pulse for about 1 minute then with food processor running slowly pour olive oil and 2 Tbsp of the liquid from the chick peas into the food processor. Hummus should be somewhat thick, but add more of the liquid as needed 1 Tbsp at a time. Spread hummus into an even layer in an 11 by 7-inch or 8 by 8-inch baking dish (at this point chill through if you have time).
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together Greek yogurt with parsley, dill and remaining garlic. Dollop mixture over hummus layer in dish and spread into an even layer. Top with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and onions. Serve with pita chips (serve immediately after sprinkling veggies over top for best results). Store in refrigerator.
- *I made a double batch of the hummus so I could save half for later. If you want to do this just double eveything from the garbanzo beans to the olive oil then only use half of it for the dip.