- 256 g roast (beef)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper *to taste
- 1 tbs butter
- STEP 1 Cut meat into 1 cm cubes.
- STEP 2 Sift flour and salt into a bowl and add pepper, egg and milk.
- STEP 3 Beat to form a smooth pancake-like batter.
- STEP 4 Add meat to batter and mix in well.
- STEP 5 Heat a frying pan and add a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- STEP 6 Once butter has melted add spoonfuls of the batter to the frypan, cook until golden brown on both sides.
- STEP 7 Serve hot, with tomato or barbeque sauce.
Left over fritters can be kept for the next day and reheated in the microwave on a paper towel to stop them going soggy.