- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 12 oz), stems and thick ribs removed
- 1 bunch Tuscan or Lacinato kale (about 8 oz), stems and thick ribs removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 5 sheets whole-grain phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, grated
1. In a small saucepan, bring quinoa and 3/4 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chard and kale and cook, tossing often, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a fine-mesh sieve. Using a rubber spatula, press out excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in quinoa, onions, egg, ½ cup dill, feta, pepper and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a clean work surface, keeping remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. Brush sheet with some of the remaining oil. Top with 1 sheet of phyllo and brush with some of the remaining oil. Repeat with remaining phyllo and oil, reserving some of the oil. Place on prepared baking sheet with 1 long side parallel to work surface.
4. Leaving a 2-inch border on long end closest to you, mound chard mixture lengthwise along center of phyllo. Lifting from long side closest to you, fold phyllo over filling and roll upward into a tight cylinder. Arrange, seam side down, on baking sheet and brush with remaining oil. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut pastry into 8 pieces.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber and remaining 1 tbsp dill and 1/8 tsp salt. Serve with pastry.
- Calories: 356
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 59 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 525 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- COOK TIME
- PREP TIME