Meal Prep – Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 meal prep containers
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thick.Remove chicken from heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and bell pepper to the same pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bell pepper is slightly softened.
- Divide the chicken and broccoli into 4 meal prep containers. Add ½ cup of brown rice into each container. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and cover. refrigerate for up to 4 days.