- 1/2 batch Vegan Kale Pesto Sauce*
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 lb chicken or 1 package firm tofu, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Prepare pesto. Using a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles. Set both aside.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add chicken or tofu, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown or chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to low heat and add almonds. Cook until lightly brown, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn. Push almonds to the side and add zucchini noodles. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Noodles should be just a tiny bit cooked and warmed through.
- Add previously cooked tofu or chicken, pesto and grape tomatoes. Gently toss and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
*Pesto will stay fresh refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. I found a whole batch of pesto was too much.