Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce can coconut cream (or ½ cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 3 T raw pecans (and as many other pecans as desired for topping)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 t turmeric
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t cardamom
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight (or until soggy—a minimum of 2 hours).
- Once the cashews are ready, layer a standard meatloaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the ends to hang over the sides. Place in the freezer while preparing the ice cream.
- Drain cashews, and add them to a blender or food processor—along with all the other ingredients.
- Process on high until pecans and cashews are broken down and everything is fully combined.
- Remove the prepared pan from the freezer, and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden. Be sure to place the pan on a flat surface, so it hardens evenly.
- The next day, remove from the freezer.
- Top with more pecans, and serve!
- If you have an ice cream maker, you can definitely use it for this recipe. It will make the ice cream even creamier and thicker.
- You can also make this recipe without the cashews and pecans, but it will be less creamy.