- 2 16 oz cans chicken broth (you may use low-sodium)
- 3 cups V-8 juice (you can use low-sodium V8 or even tomato juice, homemade
- 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onions, carrots, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. In a large crockpot, combine sautéed garlic and vegetables with the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until vegetables are cooked.
- This makes a large batch of soup. If you would like to freeze portions of it to use later, undercook the vegetables just a little. Pour the soup into freezer Ziplock bags and let as much air out as you can. Lay the bags flat on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the soup is frozen flat, it is easy to layer in your freezer and won’t take up much room. To thaw, place the bag in the fridge for 24 hours and then reheat.